7/8/12

Maldives Gandhi Stamps : Is it a Fake Gandhi Maximum Card (Gandhi Max Card or Gandhi Maxi Card) ?


Hello Gandhi Collectors,

In 1989 Maldives issued Nehru and Gandhi stamps to celebrate 100th Birth Anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru. 


Recently I came across with a bizarre finding that contradicts Gandhi handbook and Gandhi Stamps website information. As usual I’d be very grateful if blog readers could assist me in nailing this one. 

I saw Nehru and Gandhi Max Card from Maldives from Indian ebay seller "ashokmehta1955" with this stamp and Day of issue cancellation date of Feburary 15, 1990. I did research on this cancellation date only (not comparing cancellation) and I can't believe it. 


I am not sure why date on this Max card is different then Jawarharlal Nehru 100th Birth Anniversary year which was 1989. (1889 - 1989).

I checked Nikhil's  website www.gandhistamps.com/Maldives  and found out that  stamp was issued on 20-12-1989. To make sure I double check by referring  Manik Jain's Handbook and indeed  this stamp was issued on 20-12-1989. In this book there is also picture of FDC of this stamp with date 20-12-1989.

So why there is discrepancy about date in this Max Card.?

I am now confused, which is the correct date of issue as I see 2 different dates. But I think I will go with Manik Jain's Handbook and Nikhil's website as they are one of the most reliable source of information about Gandhi stamps.

So what do you think about this Max Card.? Is  it Genuine or FAKE ?

Until I don't get another good source of information I will consider this as a FAKE Max Card. One more FAKE addition in Gandhi Philatelic collection.

Lot of things to consider when you buy private FDC or Max Card  such as country of issue, date of cancellation, type of postmark cancellation, who is seller including seller feedback,seller country and lot of other things because all kinds of things are possible. This is also same for USED or Register cover otherwise you will end up some piece of paper instead of valuable philatelic material.

Let me know if you think this is indeed really Genuine Max Card, so I can modify my blog post.

Again thanks for reading and  Please share your thoughts in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...